Friday, February 27, 2009

SILLY ME

I joined an 8-Game Tournament to hone my all-around poker skills. There were 12 players and only 3 were paid. With 4 players remaining, I was the runaway chip leader. Then I played a hand of deuce-to-seven lowball as if it was razz. I stood pat with an ace in my hand as if it was low, not high. At the end, I merely checked and watched the pot go to the other guy who would have gladly folded his queen-high hand had I bet. Soon after, I invested a lot of money into a pot-limit Omaha hand as if we were playing hi-lo. I thought I had half the pot locked up but instead, I was scooped. Once I realized what a knucklehead I was being, I played another hand against that same player that I just doubled up. This time, I had the best hand when the money went in - I had an overpair to the board with a flush draw against his top pair with two overcards. He went on to hit one of each of his overcards without giving me the flush, so he doubled up again. I was crippled and I wound up busting in fourth place, out of the money.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, September 16, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude SEEEEEG! I found u again! Good to see you're still playing!! jeff aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home