Tuesday, June 21, 2005

WPT PARIS

PokerRoom is now offering opportunities to join Team PokerRoom as a sponsored player in the World Poker Tour event at the end of July. They are hosting several Stage 1 and Stage 2 tourneys during the week with the big Stage 3 qualifying event held each Saturday. This is basically how I got to Monaco, by jumping into a Stage 2 and winning entry to Stage 3, which I was fortunate enough to win. This past Saturday, I toyed with the idea of paying the $420 for direct entry into the Stage 3 event, but the 3P start time conflicted with a 3P birthday party at which I needed to deliver Cadence. I decided to pay the $42 for the Stage 2 event that began at 330P.

I lasted about five minutes in that tournament, coming across KK v AA early on and then going all in with sixes and losing the race. This morning I tried again with a field of 32; the top three earned a ticket and the fourth place finisher got the extra $84. I very nearly finished fourth, but I chose a couple of good spots to go all in, and both times I doubled up. I managed to earn the ticket, so now my schedule is blocked for this Saturday at 3P. Marci said she would take the kids to see SHARK BOY AND LAVA GIRL so that I could have some solitude. That event will be tough because there will be only one ticket available, so I will need to finish first to get to Paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home