Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Nice Raise

I held KQ in early position. Under the gun was in for $2, and I raised to $4. Another player raised further and there were four players.

Flop = 55Q, two spades.

I bet, there was a call from the preflop raiser, then a raise. I called, so did the caller.

Turn = 9d. I bet again, the caller called again, the raiser raised again. I'm thinking I've got the hand to beat, and I don't want to lose this one on the river. I raised $50. I had just bought in for $150 and I was willing to die on this hill if necessary.

The caller called, but the raiser finally folded.

River = 7s. Okay, there is the possible flush. The guy still in called a $50 raise with his hand, so I doubt it is a flush draw. I fear it is AQ.

I go all in for $71, willing to die, hoping to force a fold.

He folds. I don't know what he had, but I'm glad he chose to let it go. Apparently, he didn't have a flush. I'm hoping he folded AQ or 65.

The original raiser, who folded to my $50 reraise, let me know that he folded 77. That was good to know. I would have died on the river like so many before me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home