Sunday, May 09, 2004

MY 1st $200 PL Buy-in

With no $50 or $100 games going I decided to wade knee deep into the $200 version. It's a much different game.

On the 10th hand I held 88:

The flop came 89A all clubs: I was on the button and bet my set the amount of the pot $17. One caller.

The turn came was a K of spades: He checked to me and I had him on a flush draw. No free cards. I again bet the amount of the pot $49. He came over the top for $99. I was pretty sure he already had the flush, but I had a decent draw and was too committed to fold.

The River was the sweet A of spades - pairing the board -I didn't even have to bet. He bet everything he had and I had even less. He turned over QT clubs. His attempt at slowplay and inducing a bluff was genius all the way down to the river card.

What I have found moving up levels is that my game is more ready to play at higher levels than my bankroll. The swings at $100 are such that I usually cash out money after a big night and then play tighter with my smaller bankroll. I think it has helped to keep me profitable and playing a tigher game. It's easy to call anything when you know you can easily buy-in.

My continual cashout doesn't allow for the higher games though. I'm going to try to stick to $100 buy-in, but if I want to make the longterm leap I am going to have to be willing to take even bigger swings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home