Thursday, May 13, 2004

19 of 126

I played last night for the first time in awhile. I enjoy playing Wednesday nights while watching The World Poker Tour on The Travel Channel. I wanted to try something really aggressive early on like the boys on TV, so when a three flush flopped, I bet it out from early position with bottom pair. I had the suited Jack, but was betting strong with my deuce. Only one stalwart played me. An ace hit the river and I bet a couple of hundred, looking for the fold. Instead, he called with his A2 two pair. I should have figured he had the suited ace, but I was hoping he had top pair, and the ace would be incentive to fold.

Sadly, after blowing my advertising budget, I was immediately moved to a different table. I had to lay low for awhile, but by the hour break, I was in 2nd place overall.

It all fell apart rather suddenly. I drifted down to 7th, then 11th place, then I was 17th of 20 and getting desperate. I went all in preflop with K6 looking to win the blinds or have a shot at doubling up. The A3 played me and sent me to the showers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home