Saturday, May 15, 2004

Q5 spades

It was one of those calls I make just in case a miracle happens. I was on the button and there were already six players, so I contributed my two bucks to play Q5 suited.

The flop came all spades. There is a ton of action before it even gets to me. I figure I've got the best hand, but if another spade comes, then I'm beat. Also if the board pairs, I'm likely beat. The lead bettor comes out firing $4. The next guy raises to $20 and there is a call. I decided that no raise I can make will get these guys off their hands, so I call the $20, which keeps the lead bettor in the hand.

The turn is harmless. The lead bettor checks to the raiser, who bets $25. The next guy bumps to $50. I bump to $75. The one-time lead bettor now wisely gets off his hand, which he volunteers was a flopped two pair. The $25 bettor also gets off his hand, and the raiser calls the extra $25 for head-to-head action.

The river does not bring a spade or a pair, so I feel really good about my hand. The opponent has $66 remaining, and he bets the minimum $4 into me. I raise $62 and he is happy to call. My miracle flop held up and was good for over $250.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home